Birmingham Doula Services
Looking for a trained and highly experienced Birmingham Doula? I have over 30 years’ experience of supporting families and provide doula services for new and expectant parents in Birmingham and across the Midlands. I can also travel further afield by arrangement.
Booking your Birmingham doula support is simple. Once you get in touch, I’ll meet with you for a no obligation consultation*. We’ll discuss how best I can support you and, if we feel comfortable with each other, I’ll pencil you in my diary and all I ask is that you let me know your final decision within a 4 days of our meeting.
*Consultation fee is £50 and will be deducted from your bill on booking.
The kinds of births I’ve supported to date:
- Water births (home and birth centre)
- Home births
- Hospital births (delivery suite) ‘high risk’
- Birth centre births ‘low risk’
- Lotus births
- Caesarean births
- Post dates (40+ weeks) births
- Previous birth trauma and PTSD
I also support
- Pregnancy and birth after miscarriage, stillbirth and other baby loss
- IVF pregnancies
- Surrogate pregnancies
- Foster parents with newborns
All very different and all wonderful!
Still unsure about what a doula can do for you? Here’s a few reasons why you should hire a doula.
Am I the doula for you? Read what other mothers are saying about my doula support.
Birmingham Doula – Your Birth Concierge!
Your Birth Concierge Package – a delicious menu of pregnancy, birth and postnatal essentials:
Going beyond the standard ‘one size fits all’ approach to doula support because pregnancy and birth is a special time and you deserve to be served deeply!
A full package of pregnancy, birth and postnatal care, all seamlessly delivered by me and a small selection of carefully chosen partners.
As your birth concierge, I will save you stress, money and precious time so that you won’t have to run around searching for the services and products that will make your pregnancy, birth and first weeks with baby go like a dream!
No worries about being let down, choosing the wrong service provider or forgetting to book and pay for essential support; once you book this package, I’ll coordinate all of your services and ensure that everything runs smoothly.
Your birth concierge package includes:
- Four pre-birth visits to make sure that you and your partner (if applicable) are fully prepared for birth. We’ll discuss any previous birth experiences (if any), topics such as relaxation, labour and birthing positions, how to remain comfortable during labour, partner’s role, life as a new parent etc. I aim to give you the information that you need to approach birth and parenthood calmly and confidently;
- during my 4 visits, I will teach a private Relax for Birth course (includes all course materials e.g. book, affirmation cards, use of relaxation MP3s). This course will help to relax you for birth; great for new parents and for those how have fears because of previous birth trauma;
- unlimited doula dates – in addition to our 4 pre-birth sessions, you’ll have the opportunity to meet up with me over coffee, lunch or dinner to chat. This is where the doula magic happens; we get to know and trust each other, making a deep connection so that you can freely share your pregnancy, birth and parenting hopes and dreams or fears. Being stress free will allow you to focus on the important stuff – a healthy pregnancy and wonderfully positive birth experience;
- 4 x massages (these can be pregnancy or postnatal or a mixture of the two);
- optional TENS machine hire from 37 weeks onwards, loan of pregnancy, birth and baby books and birth ball;
- maternity and new born baby photography (birth photography optional and subject to availability) – document your journey to motherhood with a bespoke maternity, newborn and family photoshoot. Let our expert female photographer help you to make precious memories;
- be on call for you (24/7) from 38 weeks until the baby is born (on call can be arranged before 38 weeks for an additional fee). You can relax in the knowledge that I will be by your side when your big day comes. No guessing, no ifs or buts. Relax, I’ll be there!
- Attend your birth at home, hospital or birthing centre. So, you think you’re in labour? I can come to your home and if you’re in the early stages of labour I can stay with you and make you comfortable. If labour’s in full swing and you’re not birthing at home, we’ll go calmly together to hospital/birth centre. Stay with you until an hour or so after the baby has been born to help you get settled;
- freezer fill – rip up the take away menus and ditch the microwave meals. To get your postnatal recovery off to a flying start, I’ll prepare 2 weeks’ worth of healthy, tasty, nutritious meals (enough for at least 2 adults). A selection of homemade breakfast granolas, hearty soups for lunch and warming dishes for dinner. All food will be prepared in your own kitchen. I’ll supply everything; all you need to do is sit back and enjoy being nourished with tasty, wholesome food OR 4 private pregnancy/postnatal yoga sessions. These will be 1:1 yoga sessions taught by a highly qualified, female yoga instructor and will take place in the comfort of your own home;
- my signature Flying Start Postnatal Care Package – 6 weeks of postnatal doula support to help get your mothering off to a flying start (scroll down for details);
- 1 x private breastfeeding consultation and follow up visit (optional) with a highly experienced and qualified female lactation (breastfeeding) consultant;
- 1 x specialised postnatal check-up at 6 – 8 weeks. Whether you’ve had a vaginal birth or a C-section birth, it’s important that you have a thorough check up at around 6 weeks after giving birth. I’ll arrange for you to see a female pelvic physiotherapist who will check your post birth tummy muscles, pelvic floor, posture and any aches and pains. She’ll draw up an individualised plan to help you recover and return to your pre-pregnancy exercise routine or activities;
- PLUS! Preferential rates on a host of other valuable services from my hand-picked suppliers – such as house cleaning, placenta encapsulation, postnatal yoga etc.
The birth concierge package is for you if:
You’re wanting a more bespoke and whole doula package from a trained professional, friend, confidante and wise grandmother rolled into one;
You value your pregnancy, birth and mothering journey enough to invest in making this the most positive and stress free experience possible;
You’re new in town and need a trusted person to help gently guide you along the path to parenthood;
You appreciate a more structured approach to family life.
Read my reviews here
Price on application. Please get in touch if you’d like to feel totally nurtured into motherhood.
Frequently Asked Questions
Early booking is advised so that you can take full advantage of all of the wonderful pregnancy deliciousness that I offer in this package. Also, I only work with 1 – 2 clients per month so if you don’t book early you may lose out on the most amazing birth support package ever! Unfortunately, I’m unable to reserve a space for you; a booking is only confirmed on signing the birth contract and payment of your deposit.
I’m pretty flexible and happy to have a discussion with you about your needs. Maybe you already have family members who will help with cooking or help with baby. If you’d like to have a chat about your individual needs, contact me here and I’ll get straight back to you!
Booking me is simple. Contact me here and I’ll get straight back to you to discuss my availability and book you in for a 1 hour consultation. At the consultation, you’ll have the opportunity to ask any questions and we’ll see if we’re the right fit for each other. You’ll then let me know if you want to go ahead within 4 days of our meeting. On booking me, you’ll receive a birth contract to sign and invoice to pay your deposit. Once I’ve received both I am booked for you!
Postnatal doula – 6 Week Flying Start Postnatal Care Package
6 weeks hands on care for mum and babe – gets your parenting off to a flying start.
“The well being of a woman after childbirth should carry the same importance as taking care of the needs of a newborn child“ ~ Author Unknown
As a Doula UK approved and well respected Birmingham doula with over 30 years of experience of supporting families, I provide a comprehensive 6 week package of support so that by week 6 you will feel confident and able to ‘fly solo’. Whether you are a first time, second time or third time parent, the prospect of life with a newborn can be a little daunting especially as many moms are being discharged from hospital with their babies very soon after birth.
There is so much bewildering and conflicting information around; let me help you to find your way through it all so that you feel happy and relaxed. I can be with you soon after your baby’s arrival and here are some examples of the support I can offer:
- Reassurance and gentle encouragement to help you find your feet as a new parent
- Infant sleep advice and support
- Emotional support (a listening ear and non-judgemental support)
- Preparation of light, nutritious meals to aid your recovery
- Care of baby while you rest, bathe etc.
- Feeding support to enable you to feel confident in your feeding choice
- Accompany you to appointments, mother and baby groups etc. so that you don’t have to face them alone
- Overnight support by prior arrangement.
If what you need isn’t on this list, I am very flexible so get in touch and let me know what support you do need!
Here is how the 6 weeks will be structured:
Week 1 – I will visit you Mon to Fri for 3 hours per day
Week 2 – I will visit you Mon to Thurs for 3 hours a day
Week 3 – I will visit you Mon to Weds for 3 hours a day
Week 4 – I will visit you Mon and Tues for 3 hours a day
Week 5 – I will visit you on Mon for 3 hours
Week 6 – I will visit you on Mon for 3 hours
The fee for this package is £1100 and includes local travel expenses
Read what others have written about my Birmingham Doula services here
“I cannot thank Lorna enough for all of her help and support. As a first time mum I had severe anxiety and felt overwhelmed with taking care of my newborn. Lorna was there for us when we needed her the most. She would sit and talk to me for hours without passing any judgement and only offering advice when I requested it. She is very experienced and you can tell she is a natural with babies. She even helped us sleep train our little one! I highly recommend getting in touch with Lorna especially if you need a postnatal doula.”
If you require fewer hours, I offer postnatal care booked in blocks of 20 hours. These hours can be booked in either 3 or 4 hour blocks or overnight stays, 8.30am – 12.30pm, 1.30pm – 4.30pm or 9.30pm – 7.30am. The fee is £27 per hour (local mileage included).
Would you like friends and family to contribute towards your birth and postnatal doula care?
Why not consider gift vouchers? Each gift voucher comes with a beautifully hand-crafted card; a special gift for a special mother or mother-to-be. Order your gift voucher(s) here.
Get in touch today to order your Birmingham Doula gift voucher(s).